We are preparing an upgrade for this website and would like to learn some more about the interests of our visitors. Please help us to improve Nordic Names by filling in our user survey before you leave. It's anonymous and takes only two minutes.
From Nordic Names wiki - www.nordicnames.de - All rights reserved.
Origin and Meaning
Name of uncertain origin and meaning
1) Hebrew ammon = 'fellow countryman' 
2) Hebrew ammon = 'veritable one'
3) Egyptian ammon = 'hidden one'
4) Variant form of Amon
See also Amon
Name Count per Country
|Country||Commonness||Female ♀||Male ♂|
|as main name#||also aux. name&||as main name#||also aux. name&|
|#: count of main first name only|
|&: count of both main and additional first names|
|Name counts are approximate as statistics normally is not published for names given to less than 3 or 5 persons per country.|
No recent statistics trend found in databases for Ammon.
- ↑ Wilfried Seibicke: Historisches Deutsches Vornamenbuch (Band 1-4)
- ↑ Per Hedelin: Norstedts svenska uttalslexikon (1997)
- ↑ Statistiska Centralbyrån, National statistics office of Sweden, http://www.scb.se/
- ↑ Danmarks Statistik, National statistics office of Denmark, http://www.dst.dk
- ↑ Statistisk Sentralbyrå, National statistics office of Norway, http://www.ssb.no
- ↑ Väestörekisterikeskus, National Population Register Centre of Finland, http://www.vrk.fi