/ Both Genders Name
Origin and Meaning
Greenlandic name of unknown meaning, maybe related to Qavaavak 
See also Avôrtungiaĸ
- The mythological figure Avuuvak appears in a number of legends in the Thule area, Avuuvak arnattartoq e. g., a so-called soul or name migrational myth, where the main character becomes a spirit and lives inside different animals and in the end is caught and eded up inside a woman's bosom to be born again among human beings. It was believed that these people were immune to witchcraft.
No recent statistics trend found in databases for Avuuvak.
Sources:    
- ↑ Nuka Møller: Kalaallit aqqi (2015)
- ↑ Statistiska Centralbyrån, National statistics office of Sweden, http://www.scb.se/
- ↑ Danmarks Statistik, National statistics office of Denmark, http://www.dst.dk
- ↑ Statistisk Sentralbyrå, National statistics office of Norway, http://www.ssb.no
- ↑ Väestörekisterikeskus, National Population Register Centre of Finland, http://www.vrk.fi