Rate this name:
This name is used both as a female and a male name. See Alaa f for the female version.
Origin and Meaning
Latin spelling of Arabic عَلاء (Alaa) = 'exaltation', 'glory' 
Alaa is a name used among immigrants from Arabic-speaking countries, but is very rarely used in the Nordic countries by people without an immigration background
No recent statistics trend found in databases for Alaa.
Sources:    
- ↑ Eva Villarsen Meldgaard: Ordbog over muslimske fornavne i Danmark (2005)
- ↑ Statistiska Centralbyrån, National statistics office of Sweden, http://www.scb.se/
- ↑ Danmarks Statistik, National statistics office of Denmark, http://www.dst.dk
- ↑ Statistisk Sentralbyrå, National statistics office of Norway, http://www.ssb.no
- ↑ Väestörekisterikeskus, National Population Register Centre of Finland, http://www.vrk.fi