Rate this name:
Origin and Meaning
Old Norse name
Combination of AUD and Old Norse *humala = 'hornless', thus meaning 'the hornless cow with lots of (milk)' 
- Auðhumla is the name of the primeval cow which is created out of the melting primeval hoar-frost. Four streams of milk flowed from her udders and fed the giant Ymir, whilst Auðhumla licked Buri, who is the progenitor of the gods, free from the salty ice. 
Name Count per Country
Please turn your device to landscape orientation for better view of statistics tables and graphs.
Sources:    
No recent statistics trend found in databases for Auðhumla.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rudolf Simek: Dictionary of Northern Mythology (1993)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Statistiska Centralbyrån, National statistics office of Sweden, http://www.scb.se/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Danmarks Statistik, National statistics office of Denmark, http://www.dst.dk
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Statistisk Sentralbyrå, National statistics office of Norway, http://www.ssb.no
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Väestörekisterikeskus, National Population Register Centre of Finland, http://www.vrk.fi