/ Both Genders Name
Origin and Meaning
Greenlandic name of unknown meaning, maybe related to Qavaavak 
See also Avôrtungiaĸ
- The mythological figure Avuuvak appears in a number of legends in the Thule area, Avuuvak arnattartoq e. g., a so-called soul or name migrational myth, where the main character becomes a spirit and lives inside different animals and in the end is caught and eded up inside a woman's bosom to be born again among human beings. It was believed that these people were immune to witchcraft.
Name Count per Country
Please turn your device to landscape orientation for better view of statistics tables and graphs.
No recent statistics trend found in databases for Avuuvak.
Sources:    
- ↑ Nuka Møller: Kalaallit aqqi (2015)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Statistiska Centralbyrån, National statistics office of Sweden, http://www.scb.se/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Danmarks Statistik, National statistics office of Denmark, http://www.dst.dk
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Statistisk Sentralbyrå, National statistics office of Norway, http://www.ssb.no
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Väestörekisterikeskus, National Population Register Centre of Finland, http://www.vrk.fi