Rate this name:
Origin and Meaning
1) Danish short form of Laue (see Lage) 
2) Danish short form of Laurits 
Earliest Documented Usage
Strongest Period of Usage
Predominant Regional Usage
- Lau Lauritzen, Sr. (né Lauritz Lauritzen, 13 March 1878 - 2 July 1938), Danish film director, screenwriter and actor of the silent era in Denmark
- Lau Lauritzen, Jr. (26 June 1910 – 12 May 1977), Danish actor, screenwriter, and film director
Name Count per Country
Please turn your device to landscape orientation for better view of statistics tables and graphs.
No recent statistics trend found in databases for Lau.
Sources:    
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Eva Villarsen Meldgaard: Den store navnebog (2004)
- ↑ Own theory.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Danmarks Statistik, National statistics office of Denmark, http://www.dst.dk
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Statistiska Centralbyrån, National statistics office of Sweden, http://www.scb.se/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Statistisk Sentralbyrå, National statistics office of Norway, http://www.ssb.no
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Väestörekisterikeskus, National Population Register Centre of Finland, http://www.vrk.fi