6 January 2021
10 names were submitted to the Icelandic naming committee for approval. In December 2020, 7 of them were approved and 3 rejected:
- Aleksandra: This variant spelling of Alexandra was rejected. The spelling Alexandra is allowed in Iceland.
- Lárenzína: This is a creative spelling of Lárensína, an Icelandic female form of Laurenz, derived from Laurentius. It was approved.
- Melasól: This Icelandic vocabulary word for 'Arctic poppy' was approved. It is not on the picture because it was published belated.
- Toby: This name was rejected for the second time now. It had been rejected on 8 July 2009 once before, but
- Tóbý: was confirmed as the proper spelling in Iceland again. It is a female form of the Hebrew name Tobias.
For more information and new Icelandic names of other months see Icelandic Approved Names.