This list contains surname elements and their meanings used in farm names, nobility names and ornamental names:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V/W X Y Z Å Ä/Æ Ö/Ø
- teig (teig, teigen)
- Old Norse teigr = 'strip of field or meadow-land '
- teigen – see teig
- thun – see tun
- Old Norse topt = 'homestead'
- torp (drup, rup, torp, trup)
- Old Norse þorp = 'isolated farm'
- trup - see torp
- tun (thun, tun)
- Old Norse tún = 'home field', 'home meadow'; 'town' (see also TUN)
- tvedt – see tveit
- tveit (tvedt, tveit)
- Old Norse þveit = 'piece of land', 'paddock', 'parcel of land'