-anus is a Latin suffix, meaning 'of or pertaining to'. It usually indicates a relationship of position, possession, or origin.
It is also used to Latinise names or to create male forms of female names.
The suffix is also shortened to -an and -ans.
Variant forms include:
- Dutch variant form: -aen
- English variant form: -on
- Finnish variant form: -aan, -aani, -aanus
- French younger form: -en
- Greenlandic variant forms: -ât/-aat
- Icelandic variant form: -án)
- Roman younger form: -ano
- Old Danish variant form: -arn
- Old Swedish variant form: -az
The female form of the suffix is -ana/-ane.
List of Names with the suffix -anus