-inus is a Latin diminutive suffix, meaning 'belonging to'. It is used to create diminutive forms of names. It is also used to Latinise names or to create male forms of female names.
The suffix is also shortened to -in or extended to -inius/-enius.
Variant forms include:
- Faroese variant forms: -ines, -inis
- Finnish variant spelling: -iinus
- Greek form: -inos
- Icelandic variant spelling: -ínus
- Italian younger form: -ino
- Norwegian variant form: -ines
The female form of the suffix is -ina.
List of Names with the suffix -inus